Happy Friday and Happy May! Hope you all had a great week like this little sweetie who benefitted from some generous strangers to life-changing surgery. But even if your life wasn\’t so positively changed (or you weren\’t able to change someone else\’s), I hope you can at least appreciate that it is Friday, my friends! Let\’s finish off the week in style with \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) Does your family have songs that you all sing together when it plays on a TV commercial or someone just starts humming the tune? For my family, few genres lend to a group sing-a-long as well as Motown. That\’s why I had to share Choir! Choir! Choir! and The Supremes\’ \”Baby Love.\” C\’mon and sing with me!
2) Speaking of singing iconic songs, here is your weekly dose of adorable. You\’re welcome! (Am I glad that phone cameras were not \”a thing\” when I was a child? You betcha!)
3) You may be aware of the terrible day they had a UNCC this week. I feel very strongly that giving the perps any TV time should be avoided. Dumb cowards don\’t deserve TV time. In this case, we should definitely celebrate an incredible hero who gave his life to save others. Read about the incredible spirit of Riley Howell and please keep his family in prayer in the coming weeks. Especially with Mother\’s Day coming up. \”Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.\” John 15:13
4) The Netflix Original 13 Reasons Why raised some concerns with me when it became such an obsession in my office. A coworker even recommended it for a manger\’s troubled daughter and that seemed like an awful idea. According to a recent study, it isn\’t doing teens any favors. I\’ve always wondered why they made such depressing TV shows (and even Literature) for teens who are often struggling with these topics and can be inspired by them.
5) I love this article about the top-earning Humanities degrees because I grew up in a world where the only people who earned a good living had JDs and PhDs. It\’s nice to know that the world is changing in good ways, too!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!