Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the NY Yankees who are currently 75-39 (possibly 76-39 after tonight\’s game against Toronto). After some unfortunate games against the Red Sox (who rallied with a vengeance after the bloodbath in London), the Yanks are back in fine form.
But even if you\’re still in setback mode this week, we\’ve reached Friday! (It took us long enough, right?) That also means a carefully curated \”5 Things\” for your reading, eating, and viewing pleasure to get you through the day. Enjoy!
1) I\’m kind of excited about this: Gourmet Pop-Tarts! Will I try to make them? Probably not but it\’s cool to see it done by a professional… and way fewer calories!
2) This is a very cute idea: A hotel in Mumbai likes to make sure that you have a dinner companion even when you\’re eating alone!
3) This chocolate chip muffin recipe is fantastic! I\’ve learned the secret to getting a good peak on a muffin and everything. The funny bit is that baking these muffins also taught me an interesting science lesson. The secret to bakery-quality muffins is quite a bit of baking powder. And what happens when you try to add cherries to said bakery-quality muffins if your baking powder has aluminum in it? They turn blue! Note to self: Buy aluminum-free baking soda in the future.
4) Next August the Yankees and the White Sox are going to play at the site in Iowa where Field of Dreams was filmed. A \”temporary\” 8000-seat stadium is being erected for the event. It could be a good game, don\’t you think? 🙂
5) Here\’s some Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola recommended by my auntie. Yours truly is always looking for ways to \”spice up\” a morning bowl of oatmeal and this could be a nice topping!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!