Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the people of Socorro County, New Mexico who have a new (honorary deputy) sheriff in town. As it happens, The Hulk may also have brought the snow with him. (I\’m kidding, of course!)
Well, even if Bruce Banner isn\’t going to fight crime in your city and you didn\’t get a \”snow day,\” we\’ve arrived at Friday. Glorious, glorious Friday! It\’s just time to sit back, relax, and check out \”5 Things\” to tickle your fancy or your funny bone. Enjoy!
1) You know when you run into something bizarre on YouTube and you just can\’t look away? Case and point are these Japanese commercials featuring none other than Arnold Schwartzenegger! I have to say that he is a really good sport. Some of the commercials are just lost in cultural translation but I know that you\’ll get a good chuckle out of some of them. And maybe be perplexed by others. It\’s a mixed bag.
2) Speaking of awesome but bizarre things: Radio Lab featured quite a story earlier this year that is worth a listen. There are many layers to this tale including citizenship, shoes, and a woman who doesn\’t realize that you can never have enough cowbell. 😂
3) I loved watching Jeopardy\’s Greatest of All Time tournament over the past week or so. (Congrats, Ken!) If you\’re curious, these are some of the questions that stumped the best of the best. I\’ll bet that you can answer more than you realize! I kind of love that pop culture references were often the ones that fell through the cracks. #NerdsRule
4) Check out these mindblowing works of art/photography. Seeing the before and after shots is particularly interesting. He has such a creative mind that I highly recommend following him on Instagram. It\’s time to take a Photoshop refresher course, obviously!
5) Last but not least, Chip and Joanna Gaines are getting their own network! The article points out the obvious: These two are just the great influence on American culture that we need. There\’s nothing sleazy, no wine-throwing, and the most drama is a nest of squirrels in an attic. This I can dig!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!