Each Friday I will post a \”Five Things\” entry with some new and or just interesting things I came across that week. Hopefully, you will enjoy them, too, and feel free to share your own in the comment section below!
1) The Balloon Fiesta – This is the time of the year I become like a big kid as I watch the sky fill with colorful balloons each morning (weather permitting). I highly recommend coming to NM in early October to experience the excitement for yourself. There is just something magical about hot air balloons and the \”special shapes\” are always so much fun to see.
2) Moroccan Chicken Stew – Thank you, Martha Stewart! This super-easy recipe was the food of several dinners this week because it reheats so well (a requirement in my house). Warm and delicious, it will probably be added to the comfort food repertory. Cinnamon and ginger taste as good together as they smell and also happen to have anti-inflammatory properties which are great for this time of the year (allergies and colds).
Aside note: Even the pickiest \”non-exotic eater\” in the house LOVED this one!
3) e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer – You know that feeling when you look around and every other woman in the room has perfect eyeshadow but yours is fading with every blink? That is me. I\’m fairly certain that I have more creases than any other person and therefore have to reapply eyeshadow several times a day. Fortunately, the inexpensive but effective eyeshadow primer from elf has made that a thing of the past. The most impressive thing is that even mineral eyeshadow (previously unthinkable) stays on most of the day.
Aside note: This is an unsolicited endorsement. I purchased this product on my own. (And will likely purchase it again!)
4) He Said – She Said – This is Crosswalk.com\’s Christian singles\’ \”advice column\” written by two Christian singles. Great questions and Biblical responses from both a male and female perspective. Definitely worth checking out if you are single or not!
5) Fort William, Scotland, UK – It\’s too cold to brave the Highlands right now but Fort William is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Last week Bing.com had a picture of the Glenfinnan Monument which sparked the need to pull out my pictures from my last trip. Come to think of it, I need to plan to go back.
Have a great weekend, all!