Hello, friends! Hope you all had a wonderful week having survived some crazy April Fools\’ Day pranks. Check out what I found interesting this week (no pranks, I promise):
1) Mike Piazza to perform with Miami City Ballet – Just thought this was interesting and got a good laugh out of the fact that they had to qualify that Piazza would not be wearing tights! Maybe this will get some hardcore baseball fans to check out a ballet.
2) Candle Singed Layered Flower Tutorial – Ran across this DIY when I was looking for something to do with some fabric remnants. The process is fairly simple once you get the hang of it and the flowers are great to dress up a pillow and even a boring top to give it new life. Just be careful because it is easy to get a little too close to the flame with your fingers.
3) 3 ways to wear that bridesmaid dress again – \”And the best part is you can shorten it and wear it again.\” is my favorite line from the film 27 Dresses. How many times have you heard that? Well, maybe that could actually be true for a couple of the dresses hanging in your closet.
4) Lemony Snicket takes over @HuffPostBooks -Today (April 5, 2013) between 3:15 and 3:45pm EST the author Lemony Snicket will be answering questions through the @HuffPostBooks Twitter account. So, fellow fans of the A Series of Unfortunate Events series: #asksnicket
5) The A21 Campaign – Matt Redman\’s wife Beth is actually the spokesperson for Europe and I had the privilege of hearing her speak this week.This organization is fighting to end human trafficking and injustice around the world. An estimated 27 million men, women and children are in bondage all over the world. A21 is a great way to help those who cannot help themselves through financial means and through prayer.
Okay, that\’s all I have. Have a wonderful weekend!
Question of the week: What is your favorite book series of all time?