Hello and Happy Friday! This week I was extra spacey (think it\’s the allergy meds but not sure) thinking Tuesday was Wednesday and so forth. Also thinking (and doing) a bunch of things that really ought to have required more thought before they were initiated. Oh, well, the weekend is here and, fortunately, this week\’s five things do not require very much brain power. Enjoy!
1) Hem Gems – This just seemed like a brilliant idea to me as a height challenged person. All my jeans are too long but it would be nice to wear flats with them from time to time without having to actually hem or cut the bottoms off.
2) The rope braid – Another great tutorial from the gals at \”Ma Nouvelle Mode\” who always seem to have some great ideas to mix up your look a little bit. I get my best hairstyle ideas from these lovely ladies. Doesn\’t this one seem like it would be a lovely hairstyle for Mother\’s Day?
3) Amelia – Okay, I am just hooked on this color. This is actually the second week in a row that I\’ve redone my nails with the same shade. It\’s light, and neutral giving my nails a nice shine. I think it looks great with an accent nail of a glitter or metallic polish.
4) Dot-painted china – Such a simple concept with great results. Even craft-challenged me can make it look quite lovely and I think mothers would really love a hand-painted teacup and saucer with a lovely flower pattern or monogram. A lovely, functional gift idea.
5) 100 Things You\’ll Be Wearing This Summer? – Bright colors and patterns reminiscent of the 50\’s and 60\’s are apparently \”in\” this summer. What do you think or do these just seem like the clothes your grandmother gave you to play dress-up?
Well, that\’s all for this week… hope you have a wonderful Mother\’s Day!