Happy Friday! Can you believe it\’s already the last day of May? Things here have been a little crazy this week because two coworkers were on vacation. Hopefully, most of you are the ones on vacation and not the ones stuck in the office. Well, here goes this week\’s \”Five Things\”:
1) Somewhere Between – So, be forewarned that you will probably need the tissues nearby but Somewhere Between is wonderful documentary about girls adopted from China by American families. The film follows three young women adopted at young ages and shows how they grow and develop and how two of them go back to visit their homeland. If you subscribe to Netflix, the documentary is currently on instant play and highly recommended.
2) Memrise – Stumbling around the Internet (as usual) this website caught my eye. Memrise is great because you can get a little taste of a language (for free!) with a unique method of learning words and phrases by \”planting\” and nurturing memories that grow into cute cartoonish flowers. The are also mnemonics to help you along and you can suggest some of your own.
3) Who Cares Challenge – Help the lovely Sabrina as she uses her passion and resources to combat childhood cancer. If you feel so led, please \”like\” or share Sabrina\’s story to help raise awareness. No child should have to suffer like this so let\’s fight cancer together!
4) Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies – You know what they say: A week without chocolate is like a week without sunshine. The chocolate and peanut butter combo is a favorite of mine (next to chocolate and raspberry or chocolate and orange) and these are delicious. Word of warning, though, be sure you have someone else around to help you eat them or you will overdo things a little!
5) Glitter Pens – I am a sucker for glitter pens (must be a girl thing) and love using them to write in birthday cards and to make notebooks look a little more interesting.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend!!!