Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a nice week despite sweltering heat that seems to be the trend this year. Did you see that even Alaska is having a heatwave? Wild! Well, anyway, without further ado, this is Five Things:
1) Woman Hikes Mt. Rainier… in a ballgown – Beautiful photos but I am just not sure I would have gone to such a lengths in a gown. It has to be hot and cumbersome, right?
2) We are the 15% – This Tumblr blog was created in response to the outrage over a Cheerios commercial featuring an inter-racial family. These are beautiful families that remind us that America really is a melting pot that apparently means some gorgeous children!
3) \”The Rat Tribe\” – The uncomplimentary title refers to the thousands upon thousands of people who live in tiny apartments -which are more like closets-in the basements of Beijing apartment buildings. These folks are immigrants to the big city who work the service sector but live in terrible conditions which they try to make as homey as possible. Definitely an eye-opener to what is going on around the globe.
4) Valerie Confections – Chocolate and all of it looks delicious. I also have it on good authority that the tea is wonderful. Worth some \”window shopping\” at least. Those truffles are calling me!
5) The 50 Smartest Cities in America – Just thought this was interesting. Some of them are a little surprising. That none of them are in my home state is not, however, as the only lists we seem to make are \”worst dressed.\” Go figure!
That is all for now. Have a wonderful weekend!