Happy Friday! Hopefully everyone had a good week despite being inundated with royal baby news at every turn. Don\’t get me wrong, all babies are special but there were a lot of other interesting things to check out, too, like Jane Austen on Britain\’s 10-pound note. So take a look at the non-royal \”Five Things\” for this week:
1) \”Get Lucky\” Cover by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost – Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdown from Capital FM (London) like to put their guests to work and this clip is one of my favorites. Not a fan of the song otherwise (the cover really highlights how banal the lyrics are) but the delivery is very amusing.
2) Best RSVP card to date – Um, Yemen. Yeah, Yemen… This card definitely put a smile on my face. I\’m only sorry we won\’t get to see who admits they are lame, going on a secret trip or otherwise for not being able to attend. Fun couple and I wish them all the best!
3) 3D Botanical Mini Canvases – I love the simplicity of this project and yet how cool it turns out. That\’s definitely my kind of crafting! In the comment section there was also mention of using puffy paint in lieu of hot glue (and all those maddening glue \”strings\”) so it\’s a win, win.
4) Book Inspired Ice Cream Flavors – Happy National Ice Cream Month! And, thank you, Ben and Jerry, for these cool literary flavors. Love it! Unfortunately, this did set the wheels turning for my own inventions which were nowhere near as clever (\”Sense and Sensi-berry?\”).
5) Chasing 8s – This is a cute web series created by SYTYCD choreographer Stacey Tookey about a dancer moving to New York to jump-start her career. You may also recognize Kathryn McCormick who is a SYTYCD competition alum. Highly recommended!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
P.S. Congrats to Gillian and Kelly who are the winners of the Daughter of Jerusalem Giveaway! Your books are in the mail!