Happy Friday! We have had storm madness (a lot of damage) as the result of \”Monsoon Season\” so I hope none of you are dealing with the same. This week\’s Five Things is an interesting collection headed by a song I enjoyed when I was younger. Hope you like them!
1) \”I Hate You Then I Love You\” by Celine Dion and Luciano Pavarotti – My sis and I used to sing this into our hairbrushes in front of the mirror and then dissolve into giggles. Fun song and oddly appropriate for the thin line between love and hate that we experience many times.
2) Supercook.com – I love this site! This week I had a lot of zucchini and potatoes with no idea what to do with them so I typed the ingredients on hand into the search engine and found a great frittata recipe. Very helpful and highly recommended.
3) America\’s 10 Most Generous Companies – Some of these were a little surprising but this is an interesting list, nonetheless. It seems like these companies know that consumers tend to feel better about dealing with them if the company takes part in giving back to the community.
4) A Surgeon\’s Requirements for Marriage – My feminist radar is going off big time for this one. This is a real letter, written by a real surgeon who is apparently looking for love. Without giving too much away all I can say is that it is amazing (total sarcasm) that this guy hasn\’t found \”the one\” as of yet. Word of advice to whomever wrote this: Ladies like to feel special, not like a list of stats and maybe you wouldn\’t be her type? Just a thought.
5) Anti-Suffragette Postcards – Another one to send the feminist radar into overtime. These are actually a little funny. Really, though, I\’m thankful that no one I know tends to think this way anymore.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!