|A beautiful sunburst I caught this week.|
Happy Friday! Hopefully, most of you are embarking on a three-day weekend, too! (Monday is Labor Day in the States) This week the allergy season decided to hit me hard and so I wasn\’t feeling quite so pretty (the opposite, really) but thanks to Emily Armstrong\’s article (see #2), I\’ve been inspired to just be pretty. Thus this week\’s \”Five Things.\” Enjoy!
1) \”I feel pretty\” – Courtesy of Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson in the movie Anger Management. Personally, I had not seen the movie but this is funny. If you\’re a purist, check out Natalie Wood\’s version in West Side Story. It is really hard not to sing along!
2) Pretty Is a Set of Skills – Like Emily, I too experienced \”triangle hair\” like Alice from Dilbert until I figured out a better technique so this article really spoke to me. (Preach it, sister!) But what she says is so true: beauty really just needs a little help. We\’ve all seen enough photos of stars without makeup to know this is true but never really internalize the concept. You figure out what makes you look (and feel!) beautiful and that whole package is what makes you attractive.
3) \”Airbrush\” skin with a stippling brush – This tutorial really changed my makeup routine for the positive. I\’m usually a mineral makeup gal (for the sake of convenience) but every time that I take the extra effort to use liquid foundation people tell me my skin looks amazing. The nice thing is that you don\’t really need the expensive stuff to get great results. I actually have e.l.f.\’s Studio Stipple Brush and Revlon\’s Age Defying Makeup because my budget doesn\’t really fit Smashbox.
4) Paper Roses – This is a great Martha Stewart tutorial that uses coffee filters of all things to create some beautiful roses. The template makes them crafty-challenged proof as well.
5) Just a great reminder: \”I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.\” Psalm 139:14
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
2 thoughts on “5 Things: I Feel Pretty Edition”
I love the photo! It's so pretty 😉 I also liked Anger Management, it's too funny. Love the blog!
Thanks so much! 🙂