Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a good week! Yes, you did read that correctly: This is post #100! Can\’t believe it? Neither can I. But here we go with this week\’s \”Five Things,\” anyway:
1) The First Victim of 9/11 – This week was the 12th anniversary of 9/11 (also hard to believe) but this is a story just coming to light now. Danny Lewin truly lived an inspirational, remarkable life and it\’s amazing to know that his legacy lives on so strongly and we didn\’t even know it! I look forward to reading the book about his life.
2) A boy and his… sparrow? – A nice little bit of good news for the week. The pictures are cute as well!
3) Advice from Bette Davis – Did you know that Bette Davis once wrote an advice column? (This week is just full of surprises, isn\’t it?) Well, she did in 1943 and it is really interesting to read. In fact, the whole magazine is really interesting if you have the time. I secretly wonder if my grandmother might have read this magazine?
4) 50 Ways to Tie a Scarf – Mum got a new scarf for her birthday and wanted some advice on how to tie it and we ran across this resource. The site features some new and interesting ideas which are perfect for the the office or the crisp, Fall weather to come!
5) Chineasy – I love this site! Considering that Chinese had always looked like, well, Chinese to me, I never thought it would be possible to learn to read the language. Surprisingly, I have managed to acquire quite a vocabulary. It helps if you have a good sense of humor. 🙂
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!