Hello and Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and are enjoying some relief from the summer heat. Can you believe Autumn is here? Well, here are some things to celebrate the change of seasons:
1) \”Nuvole Bianche\” by Ludovico Einaudi – This gorgeous piece of music needs no video to create some amazing images in the mind but the video is nice, too. A little, soothing moment in a hectic Friday.
2) Funnywow.com – If you hadn\’t noticed, I like to dabble with a little photography and then play with the photos with different effects on my computer. It\’s a good way to amuse myself and stay out of trouble. Well, this week, Funnywow came to my attention and I had a good bit of fun with it as well. Note that the two photos on the rocks are me (the result of more playing, of course). I think a photo of my face on a billboard or art gallery will show up on my Christmas cards this year. 🙂
3) Newsprint Nails – Nail art is really big right now although you probably knew that already but this is a great tutorial with great results. The nails turn out really cute and you can find fun words if you are so inclined. The possibilities are only limited by your newspaper.
4) Faux Chocolate Mousse – Marscapone cheese is a nice, quick fix for mousse in lieu of cream and eggs. For the Vegan version substitute the animal products with one package silken tofu and soy, almond or rice milk and combine with melted (Vegan) chocolate and vanilla in a food processor.
5) Cool Braids – Admittedly I am braid challenged and have secured a promise from my non braid challenged sister to train my daughter to braid hair. However, I can appreciate cool hair art and (most of) these are really cool.
Okay, that is all for now. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Autumn (Sunday)!