Hello! With all the recent changes around here it seemed like a good time to reintroduce myself. So, Hi! My name is Jenn (AKA \”Jenn-da\”) and it\’s a pleasure to meet you! Here are 10 ten things about me that you may or may not want to know:
|Yes, that\’s glitter on my face!|
1) Ballet has been a big part of my life since I was 3-years-old. My friends and I used to choreograph ballets in my garage when we were in grade school and I knew I wanted to be a dance teacher from the time I taught my first class at age 16.
2) Ironically, I am very introverted. Yes, dancing on a stage is a piece of cake but, please, don\’t ask me to give a speech!
3) I can still recite the first stanza of this poem by Ogden Nash from my preschool graduation (a looong time ago!). No particular reason why. I just can. Now if I could only remember where I left my car keys, I\’d be in great shape!
4) Tea is my favorite hot beverage (Earl Grey in particular). I just never acquired a taste for coffee (Shocking but true!). For this reason you also might not want me to make you coffee when you come to visit but I will absolutely buy you Starbucks!
5) Look at my desk, dance bag, purse or even the kitchen \”junk drawer\” and you will realize that I own more pens than I will ever use. It has a lot to do with the fact that I like to write… or may or may not be a pen pack rat.
6) It\’s chocolate (the darker the better) or nothing in my book. Don\’t offer me vanilla, strawberry or that fake \”white chocolate\” stuff! Okay, that did sound a little rude. I promise to politely decline the other stuff.
7) I\’m a sunglasses jinx! My rule is to never spend more than $5.00 on a pair of sunglasses because they tend to meet their demise in tragic and inexplicable ends under people\’s feet in airports or under the wheel of a car. In fact, I keep a box of spares in my closet just to be ready for not if but when it happens.
8) If I see something I like, I try to recreate it (or at least a version I\’m capable of producing). Sometimes not to the best of results (I\’m only a craft dabbler, mind you) but you\’ll see on this blog that I do end up with some gems from time to time.
9) My secret talent is that I can drive backwards just as well as I drive forwards which means I\’m the designated driver when we go somewhere that requires parallel parking. The only explanation I can come up with is to attribute this ability to the excellent spatial awareness I developed through studying dance all these years.
|The infamous bag!|
10) People like to travel with me because I tend to be prepared for most scenarios with the items packed in my favorite Nine West camouflage messenger bag. It\’s a big joke among family and friends but they do tend to seek me out when we\’re stuck in an airport or they forget to bring the aspirin. Babbo (Dad) used to test me on family vacations to find out what I had not packed. He still jokes that I carry a pop-up tent and a flat tire repair kit. I don\’t generally pack those things but-come to think of it-that\’s not a bad idea…
Okay, that\’s all for now. Now you know what makes me tick (chocolate, obviously!). Please feel free to introduce yourself in the comment section below. I\’ll look forward to meeting you!