Marie Torto of Chocolate&Wine is a very cool dancer and blogger who has graciously agreed to share some of her favorites for this week\’s \”5 Things.\”
1. FAT CAT Pinot Noir, California – This Cali red is smooth and full bodied, with a crisp acidity that leaves for taste buds wanting more. It pairs well with red meat, chocolate, I’ve even had it alongside fish tacos. And don’t hesitate to drink it by itself – it’s worth the few extra bucks.
2. Lindt EXCELLENCE Caramel with a Touch of SeaSalt – What can I say? I’m a sucker for the best chocolate out there and Lindt gets it right every time. Dark chocolate, crunchy caramel and flakes of sea salt make this bar a perfectly balanced, sweet and salty combination. Refined and irresistible.
3. “The Fault in Our Stars” – I laughed. I cried. I cried again. This beautiful piece of literature encompasses every aspect of what makes up a good story: love, tragedy, sickness, heartache, the simplicity of doing nothing. In my opinion, it’s one of the best books I’ve read in years.
4. “Once Upon a Time” –The little kid in me couldn\’t resist this show when it premiered in October 2011. It’s filled with drama, action-packed suspense and plot twists that you’ll never see coming. Now in its third season, it has become one of my all-time favorite shows, weaving the fairy tales I loved as a child into new tales that equally compel me as an adult.
5. DanceWorks Boston – Shameless plug time. DanceWorks Boston has become the reason why my 25-year old self is still somewhat talented. Founded and directed by Boston native and Syracuse University graduate, Lisa Mara, in 2010, DWB has become a staple in the lives of dancers post-grad who want to continue choreographing and performing while also balancing professional and personal lives. Currently in its 7thseason, DanceWorks Boston has become a group of people I have come to know as family and I have seen 6 of my pieces brought to life by them on stage. DWB also has a sister company in its 4th season, DanceWorks NYC.
About the Author:
Marie is a 25 year-old blogger, foodie and wine lover from the north shore of Boston, Massachusetts. Now a New Hampshire transplant, Marie loves all things social media and spends her work days immersed in the digital world. When she’s not tweeting, posting or pinning, Marie loves to dance with Boston-based dance company, DanceWorks Boston, read love stories, and spend time in her kitchen, preferably with a glass of red wine.