Happy Friday! Well, the snow finally hit New Mexico after even Atlanta got some first. Wow! Well, I hope you all are staying safe and warm. Enjoy this week\’s 5 Things:
1) What\’s more appropriate than \”Waltz of the Snowflakes\” from the Royal Ballet\’s production of The Nutcracker? It\’s one of my favorite scenes from the ballet to watch and mostly because of the patterns the dancers make on stage. It\’s one of my least favorite to dance because of the slippery snow that inevitably ends up on the stage. I suppose every ballet dancer must fall on stage once in her lifetime…
2) \”Let It Go\” from Frozen. Frozen is a cute and a very appropriate film for this time of year. \”Let It Go\” is my favorite song (so far) because Idina Menzel has an amazing set of pipes. Yeah, you\’re never too old for a Disney film!
3) \”Snow, snow, snow!\” from White Christmas. I seriously sing this every time it snows. Did you know that Vera Ellen (although a great dancer) couldn\’t sing?
4) Japan\’s Snow Festival looks like a lot of fun! I only wish I were that talented. The best I\’ve been known to manage is a lopsided snowman. Oh, well, a girl can dream!
5) \”Snow\” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers – Only because this will help forget their Super Bowl performance if you are a scarred as I am. It\’s a relief that they keep their shirts on in the video. You\’d think they were freezing cold at halftime on Sunday. Oh, well…
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe!