Happy Friday and Happy Lent! Hope you all had a wonderful week meaning your preschool ballet classes were manageable, your Oscar picks won, you didn\’t over-do Mardis Gras and your NCAA picks are looking promising! Let\’s get to 5 Things, shall we?
1) Okay, this is the last you\’ll have of \”Let It Go\” from this blog. I promise! (Yes, I\’m finally \”letting it go\” because you probably get enough at home as it is!) This version with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots providing backup is just really cute. I think I like this one even better than the film.
2) This week I found some very striking photos and artistic installations at the website Colossal. The aerial photo of Chicago on Thursday was particularly stunning. Just be forewarned: it is very easy to lose an hour going through the amazing images!
3) Are you a word/language nerd? You might enjoy A Way with Words\’ podcast which discusses all things interesting about language and vernacular… a bunch of nerdy goodness and you can even submit a burning question if you have one. A Way with Words is also available on Soundcloud if you like that app/website.
4) This week the Daily Mail Online ran a really brilliant article about the birth of Britain\’s ballet obsession during WWII. I had absolutely no idea what an amazing history ballet has in England and the vintage photos were so much fun to see (even Margot Fonteyn!). Highly recommended if you haven\’t read it, already!
5) Thursday, Bing.com had a wonderful shot of Gordes, France which made me want to move there forthwith. (Anyone want to come with me?) Then Mum reminded me that Mary Stewart\’s Madam, Will You Talk? (a book we love) featured Avignon with great detail and now I\’m re-reading that one.
Okay, that\’s all for now! Have a wonderful weekend!