Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful week and are not scrambling to get your taxes done at the last minute.
1) Next week most of us will be able to witness a \”Blood Moon\” in the night sky April 14 -15. (I\’ll spare you the jokes about tax day and blood moons.) It\’s a lunar eclipse where the moon will pass through Earth\’s shadow and it should make for a fun photo-op if you like that sort of a thing. Fingers crossed for a clear night sky!
2) Have you ever seen an aerial view of Holland\’s tulip fields? I had no idea that tulips grew in that many different colors. Quite beautiful!
3) Webmd.com had a slightly helpful article on why we forget things (I am a chronic walk into a room and forget why I\’m there person). Apparently, it\’s because of \”interference.\” Very interesting and helpful to know I\’m not losing my mind… at least not yet!
4) Something I like to try every week (when I remember) is the Slate News Quiz. The quiz is based on the past week\’s current events and you do have the opportunity to see if you can best some of the Slate news staff and other users.
5) And in case you\’re a \”word nerd\” like myself, here is \”These 9 Words Don\’t Mean What you Think They Mean.\” Guilty as charged for using \”decimate\” incorrectly… and now wondering if there was ever a \”septimate\” or an \”octomate.\”
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!