Happy Friday and Happy Independence Day, America! Hope you\’re up for a colorful \”5 Things\” this week:
1) I absolutely loved this video titled \”Can People Explain Colors To A Blind Person?\” Some of these folks gave wonderful descriptions. It set me to thinking about describing color based on the other senses and turned out to be a great creative exercise!
2) Letters of Note is a website (and now a book, too!) that features actual letters written by all sorts of people (some famous, some not) regarding current events, history, art, and many other topics. The best part is that there is often a little background information provided by the editor as well as some excellent historical photographs. You\’ll laugh, you\’ll cry and you\’ll suddenly see actor Tom Hanks in an entirely new light.
3) Alas! It\’s probably too late to try these for your 4th of July cookout but check out these adorable Summer Cookie Tutorials! I want to try the beach cookies but they are almost guaranteed to look like a five-year-old iced them. (Although there probably is some super five-year-old out there who can ice cookies like a pro and to whom I apologize.) Fortunately, the best thing about cookie decorating is that you can eat the \”practice\” cookies!
4) No plans to head out to a fireworks display or parade this year? You can see A Capital Fourth hosted by Tom Bergeron on your local PBS station. The list of appearances is huge and you can get your fireworks fix without fighting crowds and mosquitoes.
5) And last, but certainly not least, I\’d like to give a huge thank you to our American servicemen and women. You and your families sacrifice so much for our country that you deserve much more than I can say. Thank you!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to see some live fireworks if you\’re here in the USA!