Happy Friday! Fall is finally here and (according to some retailers, at least) it looks like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are all looming ahead as some huge holiday trifecta. Well, no worries… this week\’s \”5 Things\” will probably tickle your funny bone and help you momentarily forget about all the costume wearing/pie baking/gift giving pressure:
1) My dancer readers out there (or probably most of you who use social media) may have seen this cutie dancing to her own choreography. Just pretend you haven\’t and watch it again. Very cute and I am amazed at her phrasing.
2) This week I was introduced to the colorful charm of Charming Charlie. For those of you who don\’t know, it\’s accessory heaven. Yours truly loves scarves (a lot!) and had an especially fun time picking out some new ones for Fall.
3) Hopefully my fellow word nerds will appreciate this one: I have no idea how this streak began but I began researching slang terms from different decades of the 20th century. It was such fun and absolutely hilarious. I recommend the 1920\’s and the 1940\’s (where \”ducky shincracker\” comes from). You can tell a lot about what is going on in history by the slang… and it makes a fun guessing game for your friends.
4) One of my favorite TV shows of all time is Once Upon a Time and the show\’s 4th season begins this Sunday. Thanks to Netflix, I was actually able to catch up on Season 3\’s plot in preparation. Highly recommend if you like TV dramas!
5) Last but certainly not least I loved this \”gig\” from Fiverr.com. For $5 this guy will win his battle with cancer. Best gig I\’ve seen the site to date!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!