Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and are ready for some fun this weekend. Just a warning that you may need to come back when you\’re not hungry for this week\’s \”5 Things\” which is all about yummy, cold weather comfort food. Can you tell I was looking for recipes to keep me warm this winter?
1) First up prepare yourself for a ridiculously good Swedish Chocolate Cake Recipe. It\’s so filled with gooey, chocolaty goodness that all you need is a little powdered sugar for dusting in lieu of icing. Perfect for a cold winter night with a group of your best friends. Maybe add a pot of your favorite coffee or black tea.
2) And I don\’t know about you but one of my favorite things to eat this time of year is squash. This Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is one of my absolute favorites. It\’s a little like eating warm cranberry apple cobbler with your veggies. Healthy and delicious!
3) Of course, a good mac and cheese recipe is a must this time of year. My particular favorite is the Havarti Spinach Mac and Cheese from Life as a Strawberry. If spinach (or even *gasp* Havarti) is not to your taste, Jessie has quite a few other delicious-sounding options.
4) This S\’mores Tarte from the blog Fork&Flower looks like another ridiculously good dessert. Chocolate, marshmallows and graham cracker crust? Can\’t go wrong with that! I have a feeling this beauty will be making an appearance on my Thanksgiving dinner table.
5) Last I want to recommend Fage Greek Yogurt with Honey. Most Greek yogurt tastes really sour to me but this one was way beyond expectation flavor-wise. Mild and smooth is the best I can describe the product. I will no longer be looking at Bobby Flay like he\’s out of his mind when he uses Fage as a replacement for sour cream.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!