Happy Friday! It\’s the day after Christmas and I don\’t know about you but I\’m particularly grateful it ended up being a long weekend this year. That way I had plenty of time to make sure my loyal \”5 Things\” readers got a new list to enjoy:
1) The Candy Bomber Story (Narrated by Tom Brokaw) was a feature during one of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir\’s Christmas programs. It\’s a beautiful story and an excellent time to test out that waterproof mascara. (Read: You may need tissues.)
2) I loved this story about the Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange this year. Did you know you could possibly end up with Bill Gates as your secret Santa? Yeah, that totally happened to one gal. The best part is that he also made a donation to charity in her name.
3) A friend of mine is getting married in a couple of months and for her bridal shower we\’re all giving her some of our favorite recipes to enjoy. Well, that set me to thinking about creating a family recipe book. We have a lot of traditional, Italian recipes that would be fun to share… and knowing me, it will be next Christmas by the time I put them all together! Have you ever made a recipe book for your family and friends?
4) If you\’re a fan of Jerry Seinfeld, he did a stand-up set recently on The Tonight Show which was pretty good. Just a preface to the humor: Jimmy Fallon gave all his audience members TVs during that episode.
5) Oh, and today don\’t forget to leave a sweet treat and/or card for your postal worker. They work really hard this time of the year and I think it\’s nice to let them know they are appreciated.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a great weekend with some delicious Christmas leftovers to enjoy!