Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful week and are not free of the insane amounts of snow. I am secretly hoping for a good foot or two here in the Southwest but only on a weekend when I can actually enjoy it. Otherwise, driving in the stuff is no fun. Yuck!
But, hey, here are some really fun/interesting/mind boggling/chocolaty things to check out for this installment of \”5 Things.\” I hope you enjoy:
1) Who wishes they had gone to this high school? This dance involving a huge cast of a teacher and his students is really wonderful. You\’ll feel like dancing, too… or create your own dance sequence in your office which I may or may not have done this week. (Yeah, I\’m pretty much always dancing in my office.) 🙂
2) Late to the party as usual, I recently discovered the NPR podcast Ask Me Another. It\’s in essence a quiz show that teases your brain and tickles your funny bone. I\’m already hooked and, fortunately, have the benefit of the archives to get caught up on episodes. Highly recommended for fellow word nerds and trivia buffs.
3) I have decided that this Sicilian Cassata Torte is on my to-do list for Valentine\’s Day. A lemony, chocolate cheesecake? I\’m there!
4) And before a huge slice of the above torte (in the spirit of healthy eating) how about a Chicken and Quinoa Burrito? A lot of really yummy flavors and some amazing protein for all that dancing you\’ll (I\’ll) be doing to burn off the torte.
5) And as it turns out yesterday (January 29th) was the 202nd anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice. To celebrate the Houston Chronical ran an article \”Five reasons to celebrate \’Pride and Prejudice.\’\” Not that I needed a reason but I\’m always up for spreading the love of Austen.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!