Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week and didn\’t work too hard. It\’s still hard to believe it\’s already February. But, yes, I think I always feel that way this time of the year when things are so busy so the time just flies by. Well, at least it\’s finally the weekend and time for the newest installment of \”5 Things.\” I hope you enjoy:
1) Today a documentary called Ballet 422 is being released in NYC about the New York City Ballet. The film premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and has some excellent reviews. It\’s promised to go to other theaters around the country, soon. I can\’t wait to see it! What about you?
2) So, apparently this week ABC\’s The Bachelor came to the Land of Enchantment only to misspell \”Santa Fe\” and make one of the contestants look silly because she didn\’t realize New Mexico was in the USA. (Scroll down to the bottom of the article and the social media reaction is funny, too.) This brought to mind the \”One of Our 50 is Missing\” column in New Mexico Magazine. Hope you get a chuckle out of this one like I did.
3) Did you hear that Harper Lee is releasing a sequel for To Kill a Mockingbird all these years later? It\’s pretty exciting and I already see the news rekindling interest in the classic book. I love it when good books reach multiple generations!
4) Have you ever made your own granola bars? This Apricot Granola Bar recipe is pretty good. I like being able to control the sugar and salt servings per bar. Not to mention that dried apricots are a great idea!
5) If you need a good laugh this week be sure to check out The Tonight Show\’s Kid Theater with Michael Keaton. Just a warning that you will probably laugh out loud on this one. I did and everyone around me pretty much thought I had lost my mind. Totally worth it, though!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!