Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful week. I also hope most of you managed to stay cool with this crazy heatwave. (I do not want to see the electric bill at the end of this month!) Well, while you\’re inside trying to stay cool, I hope you\’ll check out this week\’s \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) The Moth is a pretty awesome podcast that I happen to enjoy. The story they posted this week titled \”The Perfect Human Hand\” is particularly exceptional. I highly recommend that you listen and scroll down to the bottom of the podcast page for the great picture!
2) This week I was introduced to Gemma Stafford\’s YouTube channel Gemma\’s Bigger Bolder Baking. It features some of my favorite desserts including cakes in a mug! She\’s just a good baker without some of the ridiculous gimmicks that tend to happen on YouTube. Highly recommended!
3) The Briefcase on CBS is one of my new favorite TV shows. The premise of the show is that two couples who are in some tough financial situations each get briefcases with $101,000 in cash. They have to decide (after seeing what each other\’s lives are life) if they want to keep some, all, or give it all away. I love the generosity of most of the couples. Such selfless people are a wonderful example!
4) Okay, and apologies to the folks who don\’t live in the Southwest. For those who do, however, I hope you\’ll check out the new Crunchy Spinach Salad at Dion\’s. I never would have thought to combine edamame, mushrooms, dried cranberries and spinach but it is pretty, darn amazing! (And pretty, darn easy to duplicate at home!)
5) And just in case you\’re a Nutella nut like me, you can make your own! (Although, the Italian version might taste better than the American version.)
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!