Happy Friday! We made it! Hope you all had a great week.
We\’ve been having quite a bit of (much-needed!) rain out this way which is great. My roses are happy. Unfortunately, we\’ll have to see what that means for the allergy season in the Fall. Yikes!
Anyway! Here\’s another interesting \”5 Things\” to get you through the day:
1) Anything with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is pretty much going to catch my eye. This week they were on The Tonight Show playing a round of \”True Confessions.\” Hilarious, by the way! (Leave it to Tina to have a bizarre adventure in Monaco!)
2) So, I guess there is going to be a Goosebumps movie this Fall! I\’m curious to hear what my fellow Goosebumps fans think of the concept. Too corny or just right?
3) The New York City Ballet documentary Ballet 422 has hit Netflix! Is it the most interesting documentary I\’ve ever seen regarding ballet? Maybe not but it does have a lot of virtues. Some world-class ballet dancers to watch is a good start on that list. Highly recommended for my fellow balletomanes.
4) The Once Upon A Time trailer for Season 5 made its premier at Comic-Con. (Not like we needed a reminder that the premier is still two months away!) I\’m still not sure if I like the thought of Emma going \”dark\” (running out of story ideas, maybe?) but the trailer is pretty good. I have a feeling it might win over some new fans.
5) And if you like So You Think You Can Dance, want to like it, or simply want to be a nice person, check out my weekly recaps for the current season at Examiner.com. Just a warning: I do tend to get a little snarkier as the season goes on. (I can only handle so many developpe a la seconde before it gets a little old.) Fortunately, the show is working to shake things up a bit (including the new format of stage vs. street dancers) so I have high hopes that it will be an interesting season!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!