Happy Friday! I hope you all have had a great week. Out West we\’re halfway through October and the winter weather has decided to edge in. Not to mention that it\’s getting more and more difficult to get out of bed in the morning!
Fortunately, now it\’s the weekend. Check out what I found interesting this week:
1) Just when you thought you\’ve seen everything: Check out Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo in a private ballet lesson from Misty Copeland. If you\’re cringing too much (I know I did!) you can skip ahead to about 7:14 to watch the grand finale with some really talented ballet dancers.
2) And speaking of Misty Copeland: she is working with Tracy Oliver and 20th Century Fox to make a drama about ballet. More ballet on TV? Yes, please!
3) I thought this was interesting: a microbiologist recreated van Gogh in a petri dish. Who said scientists can\’t be artists, too? 🙂
4) A church from the 16th century has appeared as the water level in a Mexican reservoir falls. It\’s interesting how well-built the shell of structure must have been to withstand all these years submerged underwater.
5) Did you see the \”floating city mirage\” over China this week? The conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this one but it just turns out to be an optical illusion called a Fata Morgana (the name comes from Arthurian legend and the character of Morgan le Fay.)
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!