Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week… or at least are appreciative that it was a four-day week. (We\’ll keep reminding ourselves of that, Okay?) You know how it goes with stuffing five days of work into four days. The catch-22 of the three-day weekend.
Well, if you need something to enjoy this weekend or maybe a nice little bright spot for your Friday, here are \”5 Things\”:
1) \”Majd\’s Diary\” is by far the best of the Radio Diaries to date! Majd is a teen girl growing up in Saudi Arabia. Warning: You\’ll probably want to listen to it twice.
2) This past weekend my family and I discovered the film Bowfinger on Netflix. It isn\’t the sort of thing we would have watched, otherwise, but it is pretty hilarious (thank you, Netflix recommendations!). The parking garage scene is one of the best parts. (A little backstory on the clip: Eddie Murphy\’s character doesn\’t know he\’s being filmed… he does think he\’s being stalked.)
3) These Tiramisu Cookie Cups look delish, don\’t they? I\’m not deluded to believe that mine will turn out as beautifully as the pictures but it will sure be yummy trying!
4) Another awesome Netflix offering that is currently available is The Letters. It\’s the story of Mother Teresa\’s ministry in India and it is so touching. Yeah, another actress might have been more warm as Teresa herself but the film is a great depiction and it made her so easily to understand. Lovely!
5) Hopefully, you saw yesterday\’s Google Doodle-a tribute to Lotte Reiniger. Google\’s animators really outdid themselves this time! The accompanying \”Behind the Doodle\” video is also great. (If you missed the doodle, there\’s also a link to see it at the end of the video.) Enjoy!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!