Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week. In this neck of the woods it\’s a matter of dressing in layers at this time of the year. We start of the day in the 40-degree range and end it around 78 degrees. But the solidly-cold weather will come soon enough. Well, until then, how about checking out \”5 Things?\”
1) Gemma has a great video with doable Halloween Cupcakes. These are actually within reach and not one of those outcomes you\’ll be posting to Pinterest Fails.
2) Murder Maps is in its second season on Netflix telling the stories of London\’s crime sprees in the last two centuries. It\’s also a brilliant history refresher with an excellent host (Nicholas Day). Highly recommended.
3) Speaking of slightly scary things on Netflix,.. I\’m not ordinarily a Tim Burton fan (I know… gasp!) but The Corpse Bride is actually quite good. There\’s an underlying theme about selflessness and doing the right thing. Surprising and worth a watch… even if it\’s just the one.
4) Have you had enough pumpkin yet this season? No? The Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins recipe from Allrecipes.com is probably a perfect fit for you. Moist and yummy! Per usual, I only used cinnamon and a dash of ground ginger in lieu of the pumpkin pie spice (just say \”no\” to nutmeg!) and it\’s still a great recipe. Even better with a cup of hot tea!
5) Rae Gun Ramblings has \”14 Last Minute Halloween Ideas\” and more to share. The \”Halloween Candy Pouches\” were a great last-minute idea for Monday\’s potluck at work!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!