Happy Friday! Hopefully all of you had a wonderful Christmas (may a short work week or no work week?). No snow this year in The Duke City but a lovely Christmas was had by all. Thank you to everyone who read (and shared!) the Advent calendar. Much appreciated!
Now I\’m excited to get back into the \”5 Things\” groove. Let\’s end this year right!
1) For the last \”5 Things\” of 2016, we all needed a little \”good news and good news.\” You know you love it!
2) And if the good news wasn\’t enough for you, check out this major dose of cute. What happens when you pair a panda with a snowman? 43 seconds of adorable!
3) These \”Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups\” are one of the best recipes we tried with the kids during our Christmas cookie baking. They turned out to be so adorable. My only tweak was to use Martha Stewart\’s \”Ideal Sugar Cookies\” from scratch (we already had a bunch made!). Otherwise, they are so fun and so satisfying in the results. You\’ll want to take these to a cookie exchange!
4) In honor of the great Debbie Reynolds, I highly recommend watching one of her best films (and one of her first films!) Singin\’ in the Rain! It\’s a beautiful piece of work and some of the dear lady\’s best work.
5) Last but not least I\’ve been made aware that cancer centers welcome your gently-loved books! Of course, you should call ahead to see if they need books or have any restrictions but what a worthy cause for your mountain of books. Touch some lives and give them a little escapism while they fight the good fight.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!