Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week or at least managed to cope with the busy-ness that seems to envelope this time of year. Yours truly has spent a lot of time this week using media (podcasts, music, videos) to get through the week. Here\’s what I enjoyed:
1) This week we said farewell to Mary Tyler Moore. One of my fondest memories as a young teen is of watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show in the evenings (in syndication on Nick at Nite) with my mum while drinking tea and dipping pretzels in peanut butter. It was a great show to spark conversations about life!
2) This week\’s installment of The Mortified Podcast was a hilarious tribute to preteen/teen crushes on royalty. Growing up there was always a friend who was obsessed with the English princes. Me? I thought they were way too popular with everyone to bother with a crush. I stuck to Chris O\’Donnell.
3) Ed Sheeran talks about an \”alleged\” incident at \”the palace\” with \”a princess\” on The Graham Norton Show. Not that you ever would have assumed that the princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are stuffy and staid. It\’s a fun story even if it did result in quite a scar.
4) Having spent a lot of the week in the pursuit of detox from work, I spent some time with \”TED Talks.\” \”4 larger-than-life lessons from soap operas\” was a fun one… and strangely applicable to real life. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
5) Lastly, Guys, cleaning is sexy. I promise.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!