Happy Friday! And Happy Father\’s Day to all you fathers and fatherly folks! Hope you all had a great week or at least managed to find something good about the heat and all the crummy news (again). Another week of praying for Britain and the U.S. These are some tough times. Well, I hope this week\’s \”5 Things\” is a pleasant diversion:
1) Prepare to sing \”Don\’t Stop\” (and for the song to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day… apologies in advance. But it\’s fun, isn\’t it? \”Yesterday\’s gone… yesterday\’s gone…\”
2) If you like breakfast like I like breakfast (which is an awful lot!), you\’ll enjoy 51 of the Best Breakfast Destinations in America. Is it a coincidence that a lot of the top destinations have some form of Nutella? I don\’t think so! 🙂 Have you been to any of these places? Do they live up to the hype?
3) Wired\’s video on Women Engineers in Silicon Valley is really enlightening. Tech jobs (even tech classes as I can personally attest) can be tough for women. It\’s definitely something to keep in mind along with all the stories of these cool, uber-talented women!
4) Some pieces of Audrey Hepburn fashion (swoon!) are up for auction. This includes a rainbow array of ballet flats. Adorable! The slideshow at the bottom of the page is also a lot of fun. I\’m glad that \”fit and flair\” dresses are back in style. Aren\’t you?
5) And just in case you needed a \”how to\” video on becoming a convincing Canadian, here you go!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and hug a dad today! (He\’ll be pleasantly surprised.)