Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and managed to stay cool (and hurricane-free… yikes!). It\’s mid-June and this neck of the woods has already hit 101 degrees (and as I write this it\’s about 8 p.m. and still in the upper 90\’s). Is it fall, yet?! Well, as we long for cooler temps (or maybe just a pleasant weekend), I hope you get some enjoyment from what I found this week!
1) As an honorary member of GRITS (Girls Raised in the South), I\’m well-aware of the unique tradition of Southern grandma names. It\’s a long list but totally worth it. I promise. My grandmothers were Grandma and Nana. What about yours?
2) The Big Sick will be out in theaters soon and it\’s one of the films I\’m looking forward to seeing this summer. Kumail Nanjiani and his wife wrote it based on their relationship and it sounds like a cute story. Kumail\’s recent interview on The Late Show is great. (Especially loved the story about his dad and Anupam Kher… awesome choice!)
3) The title of this article \”Respect the Muffin\” is awesome and so is the amusing description of breakfast pastry. Make sure you read the little author bio at the end, too… equally fabulous.
4) This article from Inside Edition about inmates who saved a prison guard\’s life is really cool. It\’s nice to have some good news. Don\’t you agree?
5) OK, and if you liked the best breakfast spots in the country, prepare yourself for \”51 of the Best Doughnut Shops in America.\” I\’m a little offended that these folks only go to Santa Fe (there are other cities in NM!) but, otherwise, all the doughnuts (or donuts?) look delicious. This could be a fun weekend trek with the family to make sure they actually are delicious.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!