Happy Friday! And Happy Independence Day, America! Hope you all had a great weekend or at least have some yummy, barbecue food to look forward to over the next week or so. Because when it\’s icky-hot outside, we need something good to look forward to, right? I\’m glad we all agree on that point. And I hope you\’ll agree that this week\’s \”5 Things\” will make your Friday just a little more awesome. Enjoy!
1) Just in case you needed a giggle today, check out the latest installment of Mad Lib Theater from The Tonight Show. Warning: May cause laughter. I\’m glad it brought to light the very real and little-known Fluffy Platypus disease.
2) Consider testing your knowledge of American History in this quiz from PBS. No cheating, now!:)
3) If you are rocking the barbecue circuit this weekend, I think you\’ll also appreciate this Chocolate-Chip Shortcake recipe with fresh berries. You know that your chocolate-loving friends will, too. Win-win!
4) The Wired auto-complete interviews are some of my favorite videos on YouTube and I enjoyed seeing Steve Carell and Kristen Wiig interact this week. Hope you do, too!
5) I have never attempted a Pavlova but Nigella Lawson\’s variation with lemon curd does sound delicious. And what a relief that she used lemon curd from a jar… a great little shortcut! Maybe it\’s time to give one a try for an Independence Day celebration?
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and enjoy an extra snow cone for me, okay?