Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week or at least some awesome barbecue and fireworks (that did not result in a wildfire). Not too shabby for a \”short\” week out this way. We even saw a little rain which was a pleasant surprise! Well, even if your week wasn\’t too hot (or way too hot temp-wise), I think you\’ll enjoy this week\’s \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) I love Julie Andrews and even more so after watching this clip from the Tonight Show and her \”grandma moment\” with Jimmy Fallon. I don\’t know about you but I could listen to her talk about The Sound of Music all day. Sigh. You\’ll recognize her voice in Despicable Me! (And in case you wanted to see Blake Edwards\’ Oscar moment: here it is.)
2) Breakfast is a meal near and dear to my heart. But I didn\’t know the history behind the American \”bacon and eggs\” culture (that, admittedly, I don\’t often indulge in). Definitely an interesting article and dare I say some food for thought?
3) What if Amelia Earhart didn\’t die in the plane crash? Apparently, a documentary plans to make its case that she was held by the Japanese. Not terribly far-fetched considering her route but very interesting if it turns out that researchers have been looking in the absolutely wrong place all these years.
4) So, I\’m not really a fan of the new Glow series on Netflix but its writer Liz Flahive had some great things to say about a writing career. Definitely an inspiring conversation.
5) And I\’m not sure if my interest if the Triple Layer S\’more Cake from Gemma Stafford is for the chocolate or the fact that you get to use a kitchen torch. Either case, it does look delish. Don\’t you agree?
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!