Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and enjoyed viewing (but not actually viewing) the eclipse. Maybe a nice afternoon all to yourself with a cup of tea and a copy of Persuasion that you haven\’t read yet this year. Well, even if you didn\’t have those pleasures this week, I think you\’ll enjoy a new installment of \”5 Things\”:
1) It was, sadly, actually overcast here on Monday so we did miss out a little bit. But, hey, some folks got some awesome photos to make up for it. Check them out on Bored Panda.
2) The only thing that was going to make the solar eclipse more awesome was Bonnie Tyler herself. Gotta love a music artist with a good sense of humor! (Sorry in advance: You may have \”Total Eclipse of the Heart\” stuck in your head for a couple of hours… or days…)
3) The anchor of ITV news had a rather interesting interview with a mum and her two children. You didn\’t a smile today, didn\’t you? And bravo to Alastair Stewart for staying so calm.
4) Lunch has been pretty bland and boring lately so it seemed like a good time to spice things up a bit, thank you Google! The BBC\’s 44 Lunchbox Recipes look particularly tempting. I\’m excited to give the Butternut and Bacon Fusili and the Chicken Taco Salad a try.
5) Lastly, tomorrow is Women\’s Equality Day. The day commemorates the 19th Amendment passed in 1920 giving women the right to vote. It was also 17 years ago tomorrow that my friends and I moved into the dorms of our freshman year of college. The significance of the date was not lost on us then and serves as a fond reminder now. Happy WE Day!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!