Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week or at least managed to avoid any disastrous hurricanes. What a couple of weeks, right? Yikes! I\’m definitely praying that everyone comes through safely with minimal disruption and damage. Well, wherever you find yourself today, I hope you have a chance to check out this week\’s \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) This has been a super-tough hurricane season the US. If you feel so led (and haven\’t been bombarded with donation inquiries at every store you frequent) some great, reputable charities are the Red Cross, The Salvation Army, and Samaritan\’s Purse. Even you can\’t give money, prayers are always needed as are blood donations if you\’re able. Let\’s keep the folks in Texas and the Florida/Carolinas area in our prayers for the days to come.
2) Often, I do a little Yoga before going to sleep to help my body slow down and transition from the busy day. Did you know you can also do Yoga in bed? These gentle stretches can be done on your bed in your jammies. I\’ve done them all this week and found them very helpful for winding down for the night.
3) One of the best things ever (in my humble opinion) is a spinach salad for lunch. One of the worst things happens to be slimy spinach after it\’s been in the fridge for a few days. Fortunately, LEAF.tv has some really good tips on keeping the delicious leafy-greens fresh longer. And you know what? It\’s working!
4) Just in case you needed a little calming moment today (and it\’s nowhere near \”yoga in your jammies time\”) I highly recommend checking out this puppy cam on YouTube. Adorable and bound to put a smile on your face.
5) And in case you\’re planning a trip to Italia anytime soon (or just like coffee), I think you\’ll enjoy the \”10 Commandments of Ordering Coffee in Italy.\” Prendiamo un caffe?
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a great weekend. Be safe, folks in the Southeast!