Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday and are ready to meet this new year with open arms. It\’s gotta be better than 2017. Right?
Well, let\’s start the year off right with a new installment of \”5 Things Friday.\” I hope you\’ll enjoy some fun things…
1) \”Do You Want To Build A Snowman\” from Frozen just seems like an appropriate anthem for the crazy snowfall going on this week in the Southeast US. My mind is still reeling that Florida got snow. (Apologies in advance because this song will probably get stuck in your head!)
2) As the result of this interesting weather system, two new words have made their way into the national lexicon. In case you were wondering about the terms \”bomb cyclone\” and \”bombogenesis,\” The New York Times can help. I\’m not sure when I\’ll have another chance to use these terms but I\’m filing them away for later because bombogenesis does sound pretty impressive!
3) After watching more than my share of Hallmark Christmas films over the past month or so, I could appreciate SNL\’s parody featuring James Franco. And, yes, I would totally watch any of those films if they were really on Hallmark. (Maybe I\’ll start writing a script?)
4) Dorky personality quizzes are a favorite thing of mine. (Possibly because they are a really good distraction.) So, if you are curious, you can find out your \”Literary Flaw.\” Mine? Apparently, I\’m a \”Book Buster.\” Hmmm… partially true. I do have quite a few well-loved books that look a little worn on my bookshelves.
5) My sis got me an excellent Christmas gift this year that I just had to share: McVities Dark Chocolate Digestives. Soooo delicious with a cup of tea! If you get the chance, I highly recommend trying them out. In any flavor you choose, of course!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!