Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week or at least had some good news from an old friend… Or someone told you that you actually look nice in that sweater your neighbor bought you for Christmas. (The sweater that you\’re only just wearing out of general guilt because the color does look horrible with your skin tone.)
Whatever the case, the \”5 Things\” brand of Friday escapism has arrived beginning with a very special holiday idea…
1) Only the best vacation idea EVER. (Insert wistful sigh here.) Who wants to go with me… in the year 2020?? But I want to go now!
2) I don\’t know about you but I needed to rejuvenate my sense of humor this week. (First full week at work after the holidays… bleh!) Bad Lip Reading was a good fix. I dare you not to crack a smile! 🙂
3) And if you need a little bit of inspiration today, check out one very unique tap dancer. That just goes to show you that anyone can dance if they want to. So, I hope you dance, dance, dance (even if it\’s just in your kitchen with some headphones on!)
4) In the quest to be a jack of all trades and master of none, the French dialect of Quebec has struck my interest this week. I\’ve been interacting with several colleagues through and interpreter and was just struck by the difference between that dialect and the academic version of French I learned in school. Interessant, non? My hope is to find some Canadian television in French to understand more than just general pleasantries and numbers one through ten. 🙂
5) So, apparently, the folks in my office have no idea what halavah is. Gasp! I feel it is my duty to spread the word on this delicious treat from our Middle Eastern and Mediterranean friends. The taste of a sweet tahini-based confection can be called an acquired taste but I think you\’ll be pleasantly surprised. My favorite brand is Joyva (sometimes available in specialty food stores) if you\’re looking to try some.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!