Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week or are at least making full use of National Everything You Do is Right Day. I highly suggest that you milk this one!
As you know it\’s Women\’s History Month and digging out a few favorite films about women seemed like a great way to celebrate. Not only celebrating some very cool women but with some very cool women as well! So, yes, today\’s \”5 Things\” is technically \”five chick flicks to watch with your mum.\” Hope you enjoy!
1) Hidden Figures tops my list because of its general awesomeness. It is a perfect film for Women\’s History Month and is something you can watch with your niece and your mum. These are some very cool ladies worth knowing about!
2) Historically speaking, A League of Their Own is also very cool. It\’s funny that Bitty Schram is in this film and I didn\’t even realize it until many, many years later. \”There\’s no crying in baseball!\”
3) One of the ultimate \”chick flicks\” of all time is My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I can actually remember making a family affair out of it when Nia Vardalos and friends first appear in the theaters. We\’ve loved it ever since. (The sequel isn\’t so bad, either!)
4) Sense and Sensibility (with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson) makes the list because: 1) My mum recommended it and 2) What would Women\’s History Month be without Jane Austen? Besides, you can watch this one with your mum, your sister, and your niece (while one or more of the menfolk made an admirable effort but ended up falling asleep on the couch after the opening credits).
5) Last but not least is the most family-friendly of the list: Penelope. A little bit \”Beauty and the Beast\” (if it were more like \”Handsome and the Beast\”) with a lot of the right lessons for a young lady like self-acceptance and independence. Love, love, love this one and plan to watch it tonight.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a great weekend, everyone! And Happy St. Patrick\’s Day!