Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like these employees in New Zealand who get a 4-day work week. (My only question is: Are they hiring?) Even if you don\’t get a long weekend (or live somewhere as cool as New Zealand), I think you can appreciate that it\’s Friday and time for another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) In Bali, there\’s a whole village that \”speaks\” their dialect of sign language to communicate with their deaf residents. Talk about \”love your neighbor!\” Wouldn\’t it be cool if everyone learned sign language in school?
2) Even if you don\’t plan to travel this summer, Haper\’s Bazaar offers a vacation for your eyes. Gorgeous photos! India and Sicily have been on my list for awhile.Which spot(s) would you like to see most?
3) We all suffer from autocorrect woes in this modern, digital age. Electric Lit took it a step further with the first lines of famous novels. I\’m particularly fond of \”Lolita, light of my life, eat some cereal\” (in this version, Lolita is on a keto diet) and \”The past is a foreign country; they are not sure about the delivery times.\” (DHL is unpredictable in the past.) Belly laughs all-around!
4) This is definitely my kind of restaurant. Not only do you get to eat BUT they also give you books! I\’m left to assume that reading at the table is not rude and therefore planning a road trip ASAP.
5) One Florida deputy gets stuck behind a very slow motorist and has a great sense of humor about it, too. I wonder if he let the guy off with a warning?
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!