Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week sort of like this 6-year-old who got everything she asked for… er… ordered. (Hilarious story!) School is back in session, the mornings are getting cooler, there\’s pumpkin appearing everywhere… I guess fall is almost here!
1) First up: I cannot recommend The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society enough! In fact, Mum and I watched it twice over the weekend (we had to make sure my sis saw it, too!) The story takes place in 1946 London with flashbacks to the war and the German occupation of the Channel Islands. I could go on for paragraphs and spoil it so I hope you watch it soon. Just be prepared to want to move to Guernsey! Note: The film is currently only available on Netflix but you can certainly check out the book, too.
2) The Pros and Cons podcast is a guilty pleasure of mine but this week they addressed a really important issue: victims of domestic abuse. Their special guest, Dr. Wendy Walsh gives some fantastic advice for talking to victims. Warning: There is some strong language and the conversation drifts around a bit. If you\’re just interested in hearing the \”good stuff\” (Dr. Wendy telling us how to help our abused friends and family) skip to around 21 minutes. Dr. Wendy prefaces the conversation with her coverage of the OJ Simpson trial.
3) Check out this absolutely stunning photos of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Every, one of them would make a fantastic screensaver. It just makes you appreciate fine photography and those who don\’t mind sitting outside for hours waiting to catch these shots!
4) These stories about The Big Apple will put a smile on your face: Opera that will make you want to ride the subway and then folks who will make you want to call a certain public library just to say \”hello.\”
5) And sometimes you just need to snack on some cookie dough. I thought the idea of cookie dough egg rolls were interesting (I\’d try it once just to say I did!). The cheesecake, though, is something I\’d be very excited about. What about you?
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
P.S. Happy 40th anniversary, Mum and Babbo!