Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week in the realm of Sister Mary Jo Sobieck! See? Nuns can be cool, too. It has been a blissful monsoon season, still, in the Duke City and the roses are very happy. It\’s a wonderful time of the year… and of the week because it\’s Friday and time for \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) It\’s back to Netflix, again! The series Churchill\’s Secret Agents: The New Recruits is an interesting concept. Part history lesson, part 1940\’s reality competition, the show follows modern-day folks going through the rigorous training regimen of the SOE. The competitors/cast were very carefully chosen and some have connections to the SOE themselves. Highly recommended!
2) Ever wonder who that guy is who regularly says \”In a world…\” (or similar) in all those film trailers? He has an interesting story and a very recognizable voice!
3) I LOVE parathas. As in, I would eat them every day… but would be enormous so I don\’t. I didn\’t realize the process to make them was like making puff pastry: Pretty labor-intensive but delicious! I will probably make them one time and then go back to eating the frozen ones from the Asian market as a treat.
4) Coworkers of mine have taken temporary assignments in Japan and have nothing but respect and awe for the country and its culture. (I\’ve thought about taking a temp assignment, myself!) One of the things I found interesting, though, is the prevalence of vending machines for just about everything. Fortunately, Vox has explored the reason why!
5) Did you know that Starbucks is not a beloved brand in Australia? Definitely an interesting topic for watercooler chat this morning. Shock your Starbucks-addicted coworkers!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!