Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and maybe found yourself in one of the U.S.\’s happiest states. Or perhaps found yourself in the world\’s happiest state: In a cozy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. #Weekendgoals! But, before you curl up with that good book, I hope you\’ll check out this week\’s \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) I love the Wired interview with Paul McCartney! If the interview had gone on for another thirty minutes, it would be been just fine. It\’s like listening to grandpa stories (if your grandpa was one of the most famous musicians in the world).
2) Apparently, there\’s a restaurant in London that has real, Italian mammas in the kitchen. Watch what happens when two of the mammas take on some amateur cooks… and the English-speaking amateurs get all their instructions in Italian. It\’s the wild west of cooking… if Spaghetti Westerns had actual spaghetti.
3) And, speaking of Italians, The Great British Baking Show has a new season on Netflix (Collection 5 for the Americans) with an Italian baking week! There\’s a new crew along with Paul Hollywood including comedian Noel Fielding who is better-suited for the gig than I had imagined! I only missed Mary Berry a little.
4) Finally, someone has shed some light on the business culture of Netflix and it\’s an interesting read. The best and worst aspects are outlined here as well. I\’ve had some great experiences with their customer service and thought that it had to be a great company to work for.
5) This is such a charming video from a YouTube channel called Jolly. A priest watches his first K-Pop video… it sounds like a joke but it\’s great! Before yesterday, I had no idea what a BTS was but now consider myself properly educated. I have to say that they are phenomenal dancers. If you\’re a Bad Lip Reading fan, they poked a little fun at the boy band and it kinda works.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!