Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like those of us who found out Chick-fil-A is testing mac \’n\’ cheese! (Hey, it\’s the small things in life.) But, even if you do not reside in the test area (like me, sigh), it is finally Friday. We made it! And it\’s time for another \”5 Things\” that might make you want to bake and/or dance in a train station. Consider yourself forewarned and enjoy!
1) The Great British Baking Show Beginnings is now available on Netflix along with a newer season of the most recent iteration. I\’m so excited for some more episodes and the fact that they made BAGELS! (Guess what I\’m trying this weekend??) Let the baking show binge begin!
2) The diary of Renia Speigel, a Jewish teen who was executed by the Nazis in 1942, was preserved but unread by her family for 70 years. It is a great gift to the world to finally share her writings of a terrible point in history that we cannot afford to forget. Note: Keep an eye on St. Martin\’s Press for the 2019 release.
3) Claire from Bon Appetit is back with \”Gourmet Sno Balls!\” Yours truly is not very fond of the original but I\’d definitely be willing to try this version. (Devil\’s food cake with buttercream? I\’m in!) Not sure it would go well with Thanksgiving dinner but it\’s worth a try. 🙂
4) The Backstreet Boys are gearing up to release a new album in January. The single \”Chances\” is pretty good and the dance sequence toward the end of the video is especially enjoyable. I am curious to hear the other tracks when they come out on Jan 25th.
5) Hmmm… these \”Apple Pie Fries\” do sound delish! They are very similar to a \”cinnamon-sugar fries\” recipe my sis invented many years ago. Can\’t wait to try these as well!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. \”5 Things\” is on hiatus next week for Thanksgiving but will be back on Nov 30th. See you soon!