Happy Friday! Hope all you US folks had a wonderful Thanksgiving and everyone had a great week… and maybe had your week brightened like the students and staff of Paradise High School. I\’m reminded of a quote from Mister Rogers: \”Look for the helpers.\” It\’s a good reminder to look at the incredible hearts and hands after such a disaster.
And, guess what? It\’s Friday! I hope you\’re ready for another \”5Things.\” Enjoy!
1) A recent study of critically ill children found that those who received granted \”wishes\” were less likely to have unplanned hospital or emergency room visits. Wow! Tangible evidence that hope is a powerful thing. Note: If you (like me) feel compelled to support such organizations, you can find a comprehensive list here.
2) Now here\’s a weird (pretty frightening) story out of NH: For the last two years, the owners of Rickety Ranch have been tormented by an extortionist demanding a lot of money to stop the madness. Now the FBI is in on the investigation and offering a reward for information. It sounds more like a film script than reality. Wishing the folks at Rickety Ranch all the best and a swift resolution.
3) Researchers have actually discovered the worst year to be human. Spoiler: It wasn\’t 2018. They do make good arguments to appreciate modern technology and medicine!
4) Bird and Blend Tea Co came up with a great idea: A Tea Advent Calendar! Definitely more healthful than the chocolate calendar variety and a fun way to meditate on the Christmas season while exploring new variest of tea.
5) And a little funny: If you remember the TV show Scrubs, you might recall that Dr. Turk got himself a vanity phone number 1-916-CALL-TURK. During that time, the show\’s creators actually purchased the number and some fans had an interesting surprise when they dialed it. Love it!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!