Happy Friday and Happy… February!?! Still amazing with all this \”polar vortex\” nonsense that it\’s February already. Hopefully, you all are staying safe and warm and looking forward to improved weather this weekend! Maybe while you\’re sipping your tea/coffee/hot toddy, you can enjoy this week\’s \”5 Things.\” Laughter can help keep you warm, right? Enjoy!
1) This SNL skit with James McAvoy gave me a belly laugh! (And I LOVE a Scottish accent… och aye!) Hope you at least crack a smile… this is one of the funniest skits they\’ve done in a while. It does remind me of the tech support on IT Crowd.
2) The podcast Reply All delved into those annoying robocalls that like to mimic your number and, apparently, figure out where you are. Creepy stuff… I\’m deleting apps from my phone as I type!
3) If you\’re a fan of The Great British Baking Show, you probably don\’t need to be told why Americans like it so much but it\’s a nice article, anyway. It\’s definitely a favorable view of the British Isles and probably a great advertisement for travel across the pond. I realize that not everyone in Britain (or anywhere) can be so civilized but it\’s lovely to know that so many people are!
4) Last weekend Mum and I watched the most delightful animal show about penguins at the Georgia Aquarium. Sadly, I wasn\’t able to find the same video to share but I did discover that you can actually go meet a penguin! (Insert squeal of delight here.) Road trip?
5) It\’s not every day that the person who creeps you out the most saves your life. Just a heads up here: This story is a bit on the frightening side (well, more than a bit) but I loved the dad\’s courage and the way his son was able to help himself move on. Love the way kids think!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!