Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week sort of like the police officer who signed off after 25 years on the force to none other than his daughter the dispatcher. Cute, no? But even if you didn\’t have the privilege of retirement this week (a faraway dream for yours truly as well), we\’ve made it to Friday and another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) Mac\’n\’cheese with Parmigiano-Reggiano? Count me in! The copious amount of black pepper is quite the twist here.
2) The podcast Terrible, Thanks for Asking featured an interesting glimpse into a cultural practice called \”The Bride Price\” that caused a rift between a mother and daughter. Definitely an interesting study into old world vs new world customs and what each generation values.
3) Check out these \”green skyscrapers\” in Milan. They did answer my first question in the video: Who is taking care of all those trees? (Answer: Professional arborists… whew!) What I am curious to know is if the skyscrapers also affect the humidity levels in the city… hmmm!
4) I loved this article from the BBC about \”The soldier with a secret talent\” and the production 5 Soldiers. Dance can definitely be therapeutic. I would be curious to see the show… maybe a trip across the pond is in order!
5) And here\’s why looking for work during a time of low unemployment is not a lot of fun… not that applying for jobs is ever fun but you get what I mean!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful (hopefully warmer) weekend, everyone!