Happy Friday and Happy March! Hope you all had a great week sort of like the rapper T-Pain who won a pretty cool trophy. Dude can sing! I know a certain someone (you know who you are!) who had an excellent week knowing that The Masked Singer season is fini.
But even if you didn\’t win a trophy and the mind-numbing show that you hate has yet to end (it keeps going for twelve-odd seasons!), it is Friday, my friends! Glorious, glorious Friday! And time for another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) Just in case you were wondering, AI can do a lot of things but it seems that the job of the screenwriter is safe. Hear that, naysayer? Creative jobs are the only safe jobs! Okay, that might not be entirely true but this creative B.A.-holder would like to think that just for a little while. 🙂
2) Nerd alert: 800 Anglo-Saxon illuminated manuscripts are now available online! Some of these are pretty hilarious like the collection of love letters and the riddles. To my fellow card-carrying nerds, it\’s time to curl up with a cup of tea and try to figure out why St. Guthlac needed his own \”roll.\” You\’re welcome.
3) Choir! Choir! Choir! sang Cher\’s \”Believe.\” It\’s an exceptional breakup song from my late teen years and possibly some of Cher\’s best work. Want to know what\’s really hilarious? I was driving home from work the day this posted and the song just popped into my head out of nowhere. Then, I logged onto YouTube to find the Cher version and there was Choir! Choir! Choir! Funny how the brain works.
4) There\’s a huge question about dance \”moves\” and copyright laws these days. It will be enlightening to see what happens in these court cases. A ruling in the favor of these high-profile folks could be a slippery slope. I mean, could Alfonso Ribeiro locate old videos of my college choreography and take me to court, too? (I\’m lucky that no videos survived that performance… none that I know of, anyway!) Probably not but we did an amazing \”Carlton.\” If you, like me, are curious as to why so many \”kids\” are doing crazy dances these days… it\’s probably thanks to the game Fortnite.
5) And if you need something heartwarming: How about the mystery guy who bought A LOT of Girl Scouts\’ cookies? Talk about an exemplary gesture! I have a mental picture of the man sitting in his living room surrounded by mountains of cookie boxes. Which also reminds me of a dream that I had one time about scads of soft-baked chocolate chip cookies…
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!