Happy Friday! Hope you all are no worse for wear on this week of April Fools Day. Or at least less disappointed than those of us who learned that Pizza M.U.T.T. is not a real thing. Obviously, Pizza Hut needs to get on that!
Regardless of how your weekend went, we\’ve made it to Friday, friends! The most glorious day of the work week. Let\’s celebrate with \”5 Things\” to pique and perplex. Enjoy!
1) What? You need a dorky belly laugh today? (Feel free to skip this one if you don\’t sometimes have the sense of humor of a five-year-old.) Enjoy some \”Kid Trash Talk\” from The Tonight Show and some real WWE Superstars. Did I think that \”Kid Trash Talk\” was a wrestler\’s name when I first read the title? Absolutely. Somehow a threat in a Scottish accent is just scary no matter what he\’s saying.
2) If you\’re not on Twitter, you may have missed a bananas tweet about \”St Louis style\” bagel slicing. (And not on April 1st!) Maybe that should be a \”?\” on the end of the sentence because I\’m not sure that anyone but one man could possibly want bagels run through a bread-slicer. Do you think this is really a \”thing\” or that he just invented it while working for an Einstein\’s franchise in high school?
3) Who doesn\’t like a good literary hoax for April Fool\’s Day? Admittedly, I probably won\’t read any of these but the article was an interesting read. I wonder why these people (with the exception of the journalists who did it on purpose) thought they wouldn\’t be unmasked.
4) Saving Mr. Banks with Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks recently hit Netflix and it is fantastic! The childhood of P.L.Travers (AKA Helen Goff), author of Mary Poppins, is juxtaposed with her adulthood where she gives Walt Disney a run for his money. It\’s a little baffling that such a woman wrote those delightful books and yet you see where she came from. Highly recommended even if you only watch it once.
5) Check out this meteor over the South Carolina sky! Watch the right side of the screen for the light show. This does remind me of driving South on I-25 at night. There was always something great to see without all the street lights.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!